ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Owner's Engineer/Client Representative specializing in onshore wind farms to join our team in Finland. As the primary liaison between the project owner and various stakeholders, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful development, construction, and operation of onshore wind projects. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of onshore wind farm development processes, engineering principles, and project management, with a focus on ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations. However, this individual can also come from other industries, such as critical facilities, infrastructure, or commercial real estate.
- Act as the owner's representative to oversee the entire life cycle of onshore wind farm projects.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with project schedules, budgets, and quality standards.
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections to assess construction progress and identify potential issues.
- Review and evaluate technical aspects of project design, engineering, and construction plans.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure that designs meet industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and support during project development and construction phases.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the project owner, contractors, and regulatory authorities.
- Communicate project status, risks, and opportunities to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Foster positive relationships with external partners and local communities.
- Oversee contracts with engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractors.
- Ensure that contractual obligations are met and resolve any disputes that may arise.
- Participate in the negotiation and review of project agreements.
Quality Assurance and HSE:
- Implement and enforce quality assurance and health, safety, and environmental (HSE) standards on-site.
- Conduct regular audits to assess compliance with project specifications and industry regulations.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks related to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Renewable Energy, Construction, or related fields.
- Proven experience in onshore wind farm projects, with a focus on owner's engineering or client representation.
- In-depth knowledge of wind energy technology, project development, and construction processes.
- Strong understanding of relevant regulations and standards in the Finnish renewable energy sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project management certification (PMP, PRINCE2) is a plus.