ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you looking for an opportunity to join one of the largest contractors in the Ireland buildings space?
My client are a Tier 1 contractor with a pipeline of over 1.6 billion euros heading into 2023. On top of this they are a family-owned organisation with strong personal values that have been a active in the Irish market for the last 60+ years.
Right now they are looking to expand their team or Project Managers in Dublin.
- In the role of project manager you have the opportunity of total responsibility over projects which range between 50 - 205 million euros.
- You also have the opportunity to a fast track of progression. The company actively promote and reward good performance.
- You will have the chance to have your say, make a change and have direct influence on decisions.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- To plan and deliver the overall project at hand from pre-start to hand over.
- To be ultimately responsible for the management of the project:
- Schedule the project using appropriate planning software. Ensure the adequate resources are available on site.
- Monitor and update the program weekly for record purposes.
- Highlight any associated risks to program early and apply appropriate mitigation measures to eliminate all program risks. Inform senior management in advance of any delays.
- Prepare monthly reports on program, quality, health & safety, progress and finance (in conjunction with the QS) and present to all project stakeholders as required under the different contracts.
- Assist and manage the Design Manager to close out any design issues during the design process in line with the program.
- Produce a procurement schedule in line with the target program for the QS to procure.
- Assist the QS and Contracts Manager in producing a full and accurate scope of works for the different trade packages.
- You will be the contact for all stakeholders, internally and externally as well as relevant statutory bodies.
- Occasionally, you will have to assist in the preparation and submission of tenders and assisting the estimating department/ Pre-Construction team with programs and construction methodologies.
- Effectively manage your project team to achieve the project goal through communication, leading by example, training and certain soft skills in developing and mentoring your team.
- Ensure detailed site records and photographs are kept by all Team members.
- Chair weekly site meetings and ensure production of accurate minutes and actions.
- Chair weekly QA meetings.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure Technical Submissions are produces and managed with the relevant team members.
- Ensure the Design Management is managed in line with the site constraints and within the target program.
- Ensure the Site operations and logistics are consistently reviewed.
- Ensure the BC(A)R is managed among the team from the start of the project to hand over. Delegate the responsibilities and manage throughout.
- Ensure the Target program is developed and sign off with the Contracts Manager.
- Experience in the Construction Industry is essential for this role.
- Construction related Degree ideal.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years + experience with a Main Contractor on £10m + projects.
- Proficient in planning software, such as MS Project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Highly organized and methodical approach.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills must be able to manage and drive multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff.
If you are interested in this role please click the link to apply, if you have any questions or what to find out more please reach out via: