ABOUT THE ROLE
The client is looking for some who can lead and develop a team of multidisciplined Engineers who has a Mechanical Engineer background (or other engineering background with the relevant experience) in design and manufacturing of Medical Device Instruments. As part of the Engineering team, you will be driving projects on complex medical device instruments including immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The role requires an experienced leader who can lead a team in problem solving, enhance designs, support customers and manufacture and is a team player within the local leadership of the site. The successful candidate will work with Engineers from a multidisciplined team in driving solution, delivery projects and enhancing the development of the Engineers. The systems the team works include sub-assemblies that aspirate patient samples, complete mixing operations, store reagent and complete all handling operations of samples around different parts of the instrument.
ROLE OVERVIEW & KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
They are ideally looking to speak to individuals with the following skills:
- A strong inspirational leader, with the ability to lead a team of Engineers across different disciplines from a technical, project and people leadership perspective.
- A Problem solver right to solution level, with a structured approach including, using the team, complete all associated planning and design validation activity required to achieve the desired outcome.
- Systems level thinker, working across technologies, e.g. integrating fluidics, electronics, optics and software etc.
- Has automation knowledge in the movement of components / samples around an instrument (example tablets, patient samples, electronic components, packaging systems, fixtures, tooling etc.).
- Has excellent experience of materials and understand how parts are manufactured and assembled using Lean / DFM principals.
- Knowledge of verification and validation of design changes.
- Provides technical support to solving manufacturing or customer complaints.
- Has some knowledge of PLM systems.
- Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Practical experience of supplier & manufacturing fabrication processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Mechanical / Mechatronic, Engineering, or alternative) with 10 years relevant engineering experience.
- 5 years’ Experience in Managing a team of Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- Very strong systems background (Mechanical / Electromechanical)
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
- A strong inspirational leader & excellent team player that knows how to develop and drive high performance teams.
- A high paced individual that leads by example, is organized and solution focused.
- Excellent collaboration & communications skills, with the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to work cross functionally & cross sites to deliver finished product to the end customer
- Someone who shows initiative and is creative.
- Utilizes their knowledge and skill set to get the job done with pace utilizing efficiently all resources available.
- Can mentor, develop and guide the team in problem solving and is solutions driven.
BENEFITS FOR THE CANDIDATE
What you'll like about our client:
- Competitive compensation
- Package + Bonus
- Flexible work hours and options for remote work
If you are interested to learn more, please apply using the button below or send me and email for more information!